Monday, December 31, 2007

New years resolution

As i sit here..thinking of the year gone past. I realize that it has been a year of big mistakes and tremendous learning. Not that i am afraid of the mistakes.. what i am afraid of is the learning part of it. Somehow that was never a part of my character. There is an old saying in Hindi. Which goes as "kutte ke dum 20 saal bhi fukni mein daalo woh tedi ke tedi hi rahegi". It means that a dogs tails no matter how long you put it in a pipe, will remain bent always. (Well i am not a very good translator but this is very close i think). I am so sure i would have been a dogs tail in my previous life if not the dog itself.

My life has been full of non-learnt lessons and repeated mistakes. It might have to do with my inflated ego and hyper confidence that i inspire in myself. Some how it was never my problem, it was the mistakes mistake that it occurred to me. How dare did it happen to me, I'll see to it that it is never strikes me again. Its always been the fires fault that it burnt me, it should have been aware that it was ME who was touching it. I'll see how she dares next time..

I hope i got the point across.

So here are my happy new years resolutions

1) Will listen to what others have to say on my opinion and consider it seriously.
2) In the end i promise to always disagree to my own opinion because i know that would be the worst.
3) Stop chasing the myth of Job Satisfaction. Its not there and its a tool your bosses use to fool you into all kinds of trouble.
4) Change my current company and chase the above myth there.
5) Stop acting over smart, or even considering myself one. Otherwise i wouldn't have been writing this blog and would have been celebrating this new year with my family instead (its been one month i have not had my occasional weekly drink :-( ).
6) Reading this list once weekly to keep track.
7) Start trusting Suraj Barjatya and Karan Johor for telling me "FAMILY COMES FIRST "
8) You have no damn right to hurt your loved ones and making them sad. This is the last time in my life i have made them sad.
9) Get a tattoo "LIFE IS SHORT"
10) Get another tattoo "YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE"
11) Maybe another tattoo "DON'T MESS YOUR SHORT ONCE IN A LIFETIME LIFE"

Happy New Year.

No comments: